Digital Marketing Interview questions and answers for 2017.
Digital Marketing Interview questions and answers for 2017.
Your interview is knocking at your door, and so many queries are fiddling in your mind. What kind of questions will they ask, how should I answer them properly! Well, we have few questions and answers for you which will definitely get you get in 2017 in the field of digital marketing.
Get digital marketing jobs this 2017!
1. What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is an umbrella term for all of the online marketing or advertising using various sources like laptops, mobile phones etc. Businesses leverage digital channels such as Google search, social media, email, and their websites to connect with their current and prospective customers. Branding or marketing can be done in a convenient manner using digital marketing.
2. What do you understand by the term SEO?
Search engine optimization is the process on account of which a web page or website is being optimized that helps it to enhance their visibility or ranking on top in SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages).
3. What are the various types of SEO?
SEO can be done by using On-page optimization or Off-page optimization.
It is the process of optimizing a website by providing focused keywords, optimized title, meta tags, Alt tags, description etc. and along with ensuring web-page’s design and code so that can be indexed and crawled by search engines properly.
It is a method of earning back links from various websites with a motive to improve the ranking of the site. This method includes various SEO steps like article submission, blog posting, forum, Press release submission, classified, and miscellaneous. Off page SEO can provide various back links and ultimately help in increasing the page ranking.
4. Name few SEO Blogs that you read to keep yourself updated.
I read the following blogs to keep myself
• Search Engine Journal
• Search Engine Land
5. How will you search the required keywords for your content to make it optimized?
Keywords play an important role in SEO. Right keywords can drive more traffic, so I use few tools like keywords.io, ubersuggest.io and Google keyword planner. I also search in Semrush to get ideas about my competitors’ keyword ranking.
6. How do you stay updated in the field of digital marketing?
Digital marketing people should stay updated. Read various blogs, articles, podcast, attend webinars. Search in various search engines and get the desired results. You can mention about Neil Patel or Hubspot. These websites provide abundant content regarding digital marketing.
7. Name few digital marketing tools that you use frequently.
Keyword Discovery, RankWatch, Moz, Alexa Ranking, Google Analytics, Crazy Egg Heatmaps, StumbleUpon, Favicon Generator, XML Sitemap Generator, Submit Express Link Popularity,Digital Point Keyword Tracker etc.
8. What is PPC?
Pay Per Click also known as Cost Per Click, is a technique used to direct traffic to websites. In this technique, advertisers pay the publisher ( website owner or host of the website) when the ad is clicked. In other words, it is the amount spent to get an advertisement clicked.
9. Mention what are the key elements to optimize the conversion rates per PPC?
Conversion rate is about bringing more visitors to the website. To improve that we should write compelling contents with relevant keywords or search query, maintain a high degree of relevance between your ads and corresponding landing pages, design of the landing page should have right combination of color, layout, GUI to attract customers.
10.What should be the approach for effective Pay Per Click campaigns?
For effective Pay Per Click campaign, we need to do following things
• Add more PPC keywords: By adding more keywords that are relevant to the content, we can increase more traffic.
• Split Ad groups: By splitting up our ad groups into smaller and more relevant ad groups, we can improve click-through-rate (CTR)
• Review costly PPC keywords: Review expensive and underperforming keywords and we should try to avoid them.
• Refine landing page: A proper landing page can help to drive more traffic.
• Add negative keywords: To improve campaign relevancy and reduce wasted spend; we can add non-converting terms /negative keywords.
11. What are the benefits of sites like Hootsuite, Tweetdeck etc?
These platforms help to manage all the other social media accounts through one platform. Go through Hootsuite, Tweetdeck and prepare for the interview.
12. How do you measure social return on investment?
Analytics help us to learn how social media posts are working on are. The fundamental measures are same- likes, clicks and shares etc. Use conversion measurement tool on Facebook and Optimized CPM.
13. How do you use social media for branding?
Social media can be used for wide spreading the brand identity. Running campaigns, promoting business through ads are some factors which can help in regular increase of brand awareness.
14. Which is your favorite social media platform and why?
On asking this question, you can choose from a wide variety of social media platforms like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest etc and tell the strengths about your favorite social media platform.
15. How do you think your experience of digital marketing will benefit our business?
This question is all about your personal experience and what you have done in the past. Know the right terminologies to be used while answering this question. Also you can tell about a particular campaign that you have run and which has helped you to gain profits in your business.
You need to answer in what ways you are different from the rest of the applicants, therefore, think carefully about what makes you unique in terms of experience, knowledge, and skills. Also, how it will have a positive effect on the business.
16. What steps would you follow to optimize a website?
For optimizing a website, following steps, should be followed:
• Keyword Research
All the search optimization begins with keyword research. It is very important to use the right keywords so that the website can increase its ranking. From time to time evaluating and re-evaluating the keywords is important.
• Fresh and optimized content
Using particular and relevant contents can help you reach your audience faster. For eg. In this article, I can use the keywords such as, interview questions and answers for digital marketing or digital marketing interviews etc. these keywords will be used by audience while searching. Thus, it can help you optimize the content.
• Speed up your website
Slow running website can prove fatal. Since people never like to wait for the page to load, we should keep in mind about the page speed. We can check that using a tool called Google Speed Insights. This tool will tell if our page is running slow and give suggestions on how to speed it up.
• Update page titles
Most of the businesses have page titles as simply their business’s name. The best search names usually follow the city + service format. For instance, Sketch career-Koramangala is a page title which could be the best search name.
They can ask you various questions as follows. But the answers aren’t provided, since it will vary from person to person.
1. What attracted you to digital marketing industry?
2. Where do you see yourself after 5 years?
3. What you enjoy most about digital marketing?
4. How do you think if digital marketing will help in your business?
5. Suppose you are a given a negative comment on a social media site, how will you handle?
6. Do you see any limitations in digital marketing industry? How will you improve, suggest some ideas?
7. Which social media brand strategy has inspired you lately and why?
8. How active are you on social media?
9. What social media blogs have you been following?
10. Have you run any campaigns? Highlight the details of your success.
These were some of the important questions which can help you in digital marketing interview in 2017. Read more blogs and keep yourself updated. Learn more about SEO, Social media marketing, PPC, Google Adwords etc. and get yourself hired this 2017 because the job openings in the field of digital marketing is huge.